I make this curry often at my home which goes well with rice and chapathis. It is quite simple to make and tastes delicious. Adding green leavy vegetables to the diet is very important as they contain lots of vitamins and iron especially. Instead of making dals all the time, for a variation this type of curries can also be made.
Here is how it is made:
1 big bunch of spinach
1 small onion
1 small potato
1 small tomato(optional)
a pinch turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
Salt as per taste
For tempering: 2 tsp oil
1 tsp chana dal
1 tsp urad dal
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients.
2. When mustard seeds splutter add onion , potato and little turmeric powder. Cook until potato is half done covering the pan with a lid.
3. Now add spinach, tomato and salt and let it cook until everything is done.
4. Add red chilli powder and mix it well until everything is blended.
5. Serve it with either hot rice or phulkas.
This goes to Divya of Dil Se for her Healing Foods - Spinach.